Friday, April 5, 2013

Looking Back: September to December


The following are assorted excerpts from my journal at the beginning of my trip.  I don't know whether these are comical, blunt, or insightful.  Honestly, they really have no rhyme or reason.  Enjoy.

“The rest of the night included an overflowing diaper, some more wonderful Indian food, another train, another rickshaw, and a collapse in bed.”

“I think I am suffering from a hefty case of caffeine withdrawal.”

“…she asked me to make tea and I panicked.”

“I guess that’s normal in India.”

“Also, they don’t have manila folders in India.”

“Bus to Gorakhpur: 2 hours, no room, sleeping, bag fell on my head.”

“Train all day.  Sick & miserable: tells no one.”

“My room is once again crazy central.”

11/3 one word entry: “Blur”

“I hate not being perfect…”

“Jay walked into a glass door.  Funny, but not funny.”

“Orphans, in my experience, are the sweetest human beings.”

“Grocery shopping: check! Terrible Daal: check!”

No comments:

Post a Comment